Yandex.Browser is updated automatically. Without updates, your browser can not protect your data from new threats.
Yandex.Browser is updated automatically. However, if you have not installed the appropriate repository, you need to register it and the digital signature key manually:
sudo add-apt-repository "deb https://repo.yandex.ru/yandex-browser/deb beta main"
- Download the digital signature key by running:
curl https://repo.yandex.ru/yandex-browser/YANDEX-BROWSER-KEY.GPG --output YANDEX-BROWSER-KEY.GPG
- Register the key in the distribution disk by running:
sudo apt-key add YANDEX-BROWSER-KEY.GPG
Questions about browser updates
- Why is it important to have the latest version of the browser?
The latest browser version will include:
- What should I do if my browser doesn't update automatically?
- What should I do if there is an error updating the browser?
Make sure that your internet connection is working and that an antivirus or firewall is not blocking the update. If you can access the internet but the browser is still not updating, update it manually.
Download and install the latest version of the browser. You don't have to delete the previous browser version.
- How can I turn off auto updates?
You can't turn off automatic browser updates. Only the latest browser version gives you maximum protection against internet-based threats.
- How can I disable browser updates in the background?
Yandex.Browser updates automatically, regardless of whether you use it or not. This is for security reasons: new threats are constantly appearing on the internet and better protection methods are added to the browser in response to them.
We do not recommend disabling automatic updates in the background, but you can follow these instructions to do so if you must:
- Tap .
- At the bottom of the Settings page, click Show advanced settings.
- In the System section, disable the Update browser even when it's not open option.
After you do this, the browser will no longer update automatically in the background. However, as soon as you open the browser, it immediately checks for updates and will do so regularly in the future when it's running.