During installation, Yandex Browser asks for permission to use your location information. You have the option to allow or deny permission, as you see fit. By default, the region is determined by the location of your smartphone.
Information about your location is used for the following purposes:
- Sites can show you the most relevant information, like the local weather or traffic info on a map.
- The SmartBox shows more accurate search suggestions, like the weather.
- Settings show a list of search engines used in your region.
- The Tableau displays a collection of sites set by default for your region.
Set the search region manually
- Tap in the browser (if you don't see this button, press the menu button on your smartphone).
- Tap Settings.
- Go to the Search section.
- Tap Region.
- Select the region.