Protect: sync passwords
You can sync passwords that you've saved in Yandex Browser on your computers, smartphones and tablets. During the syncing process, an encrypted copy of your password repository gets sent to the Yandex server and then passed on to your other synced devices. Passwords from your other devices get added simultaneously to the repository on your current tablet.
Advantages of password syncing
- Your saved passwords will automatically be entered into entry forms on all your devices.
- if the tablet fails, you can restore passwords from the server.
Disabling and enabling syncing
Password syncing conflict
If you created different master passwords on your smartphones, tablets or computers, there may be a conflict during syncing. For example, you entered one master password on your computer, another one on a tablet, and then synced the tablet with the computer. In these cases, the browser does not know which master password must be used to encrypt the merged vault.
To resolve the conflict:
- Tap .
- Go to the Passwords section.
- TapPasswords not synced.
- Enter the master password created on this tablet.
- A list of devices on which storage is protected by other master passwords appears.
- Passwords from devices for which you've forgotten the master password cannot be added to merged storage. Delete passwords from these devices by tapping the icon to the right of the device name.
- When the list contains only those devices for which you remember the master password, tap Merge with storage on this device.
- Enter the password from each conflicting device one at a time.
Passwords from all devices remaining on the list will be merged. The master password created on the current tablet will be used to encrypt the storage.