Yandex Verticals and notifications
When you open a new tab, Yandex Browser for Mobile may display notifications including EMERCOM warnings, temporary road closures and other important events. Vertical services below the notifications allow you to quickly access personalized Zen publications, images, videos, and online games.
Yandex notifications are displayed as cards joined together in a horizontal feed. They appear under the SmartBox when you open a new tab.
- Weather events like significant temperature changes, heavy rain or snow, and strong winds.
- EMERCOM warnings.
- Temporary road closures.
- Closed metro stations.
- Accidents and emergencies.
Yandex notifications are enabled by default. To disable them:
- Tap .
- Go to the More settings section.
- Disable the Show notifications on Home page option.
The verticals panel appears under the widgets when you switch to a new tab. To open a vertical, just tap on its name.
Verticals provide quick access to personalized selections that Yandex recommends based on your interests:
- Zen. Customized Zen recommendations feed.
- Videos. Feed of recommended videos from Yandex.Video.
- Images. Feed of recommended images from Yandex.Images.
- Games. A feed of online games you can play on your smartphone without installing them. Most of the games are also available offline (code for these games is added to the smartphone cache during the first playback).
More verticals will be added in future versions.