Protect: secure your bank cards
Yandex.Browser protects your payment information within the Protect integrated security system by warning you if you enter your credit card number on a dangerous site.
Why do I need to protect my cards?
Hackers may try to get your payment information (card number, name, expiration data, and CVV2) in order to then use this data to steal money from your account. Your payment information may be at risk in the following situations:
Two types of Yandex.Browser warnings may display when you enter your bank card number.
- There is a clear risk that your data will be stolen. In this case SmartBox will display the icon and a window with a warning will open.
- There is no clear risk of data theft, but there is still a potential security problem. In this case SmartBox will display .
Click the card icon in Smartbox to get additional information about the problem. You will see one of the following messages:
You are entering card number **** onexample.com, which does not use reliable encryption. Your payment details may be intercepted by hackers.
Yandex considers the site to be suspicious or the site uses the non-secure HTTP protocol during payment processing.
Don't proceed with payment, or else your data may end up in the hands of hackers.
“Certificate name” may see your bank card data.
Yandex does not recognize site certificate (certificates confirm a site’s authenticity and are part of the data encryption process over HTTPS).
Check the origin of the certificate and decide if you trust it.
|The connection with this site is not encrypted, but your bank card data will be sent to example.com, which is secure.|| |
The form you use to enter your payment information is located on a different site from the one where the payment is actually made. It’s likely that you ended up on a phishing page.
Make sure that you trust the site where the payment form is located.
Your bank card data will be sent to a different site, example.com, which is secure.
Disable card protection
Follow these steps if you do want to disable card protection in your browser:
- In the lower half of the Settings page, click Show advanced settings.
- In the Privacy section, disable Warn me when entering bank card numbers on unsecure sites.
- Restart the browser to apply the changes.